Regular Classes (September - May)
YBCS believes that dance classes offer any young child the opportunity to grow in self-confidence, grace, co-ordination, flexibility, strength, musicality, artistry and creativity. As the children grow older within the school, they may choose to dance recreationally or to commit to intensive training to reach their full potential as a dancer.
Classes are arranged by level (age ranges are approximate).
Students perform in a Spring Concert,
presented at the Conexus Arts Centre during the last weekend in May.
- Rhythm & Movement — for students aged 3 to 4
- Pre-Ballet — for students aged 5 to 6
- Adapted — for special needs students
- Ballet — for students aged 7 and up
- Modern — for students aged 7 and up
- Jazz — for students aged 8 and up
During the year, we also offer the following:
- RAD Exam Program
- Adult (Ballet, Jazz, and Modern)
- Introductory level classes for youth aged 11 and up, with no prior training
- School credit day program for aspiring dancers
Download information about classes for new year
Download information about monthly fees
Download information about dance class attire