Youth Ballet of Saskatchewan
Youth Ballet COVID-19 guidelines have been established to ensure Youth Ballet is providing the best and safest possible experience for everyone.
These guidelines have been compiled from recommendations provided by the Government of Saskatchewan, the Canadian Dance Teachers Federation and the Royal Academy of Dance.
If you have any questions, please contact the office by emailing email@example.com.
Prior to coming to the studio, please check for COVID-19 symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature equal to or over 99°F (38°C)
- Feeling feverish
- Fatigue or weakness
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Feeling very unwell
If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not visit the studio.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19.
Note that these symptoms, as reported by Health Canada, are subject to change.
Please Come Prepared
- all students should arrive dressed and ready for class in their dance clothes
- we recommend clean dance clothes for each day
- ensure you bring all your dance shoes and a pair of cotton socks
- any outwear must be placed in dancer’s bag
- any tasks that can be done at home should be done at home (hair, dressing, etc.)
- teachers will no longer be able to fix dancer’s hair
- hair for all classes should be in a bun
- students are not to wear dance shoes outside of the building
- dancers may want to consider using a disinfectant spray inside and outside their shoes at the end of the day
- outdoor shoes are to be taken off and left on the boot racks
- ensure your water bottle(s) is full and has been disinfected before you arrive
- there will be no lost and found, students will be reminded at the end of class to ensure they have all their belongings.
- your water bottles should be filled from home and clearly labelled – the bottle fill station will be available however the drinking fountain will be turned off
- dancers may want to consider additional water bottles
- masks are required at all times for hallways. It is up to the dancer to decide if they want to wear a mask while dancing Please bring a ziploc bag to store mask in while dancing if dancer does not want to wear a mask.
- dancers MUST bring their own hand sanitizer
Dancer Drop off and Collection
- plan to arrive no more than 10 minutes before class
- dancers will be directed to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- dancers are to sit in designated socially distanced chairs – students are not to sit on the floors
- dancers will be called to class by their teacher and shown designated areas for their bags and water bottles
- following class, teachers will stagger the release of students to encourage social distancing
- parents are encouraged not to stay at the studio during classes
- parents must be on time to pick up their students
- parents are asked not to enter the studio when dropping of and picking up students, it is suggested that parents wait by their cars so dancers can quickly identify them
Dancers are to leave cell phones in their bags while in studio as they are prohibited during class time, due to the high touch nature of digital electronics please sanitize your hands after using your electronics at break times.
- floor markings will outline flow within the studio
- signage will be posted to remind students of social distancing guidelines
- access to the care home will be closed
- dressing rooms will be closed
- the communal water fountain will be turned off
- the studios and washrooms will be cleaned daily
- barres will be clearly marked with tape to allow dancers the required separation and cleaned as required following each use
- floors will be marked with a 2-meter square per dancer
- students will be reminded to practice social distancing and are required to follow instructions
Food and Drinks
- students can bring their own nut free snacks for break time but must not share them with other dancers
- no microwave will be available
- students must bring their own water bottles from home
- only Mastercard, Visa and Interac E-transfer payments are being accepted at this time
- please email the office with any questions or concerns, the office administration will follow up and arrange a call or in person meeting as required
Any feedback you have on these processes will be much appreciated and can be emailed to the office.